Sunday, April 13, 2008

Being a bachelor isn't quite the same anymore

Hi All,

With Mariah going up to Lansing, Michigan with all of her knitting buddies, Brock and I were left alone to be bachelor's for the weekend. Unfortunately, this weekend wasn't as relaxing as I had hoped.

We recently changed Brock's food from a $30/large bag of Purina One to a $10/large bag of Costco brand dog food. We decided to make this change because the Costco food was supposed to be better for the dog. The fact that it only cost $10/bag didn't hurt either. Since making the switch Brock's poop's have been less than solid. He has also lost the ability to control when he needs to go #2. On Friday we woke up to find out that Brock had pooped in his cage and inadvertently rolled in it. Mariah and I had to give Brock a bath at 8am and clean-up his lovely mess. On Saturday Brock was fine until Mariah left for her trip, he became mopey and wouldn't eat any food. This wasn't completely unexpected since Brock is Mariah's dog.

On Sunday morning, I awoke to find Brock's cage full of poop again. After an hour clean-up I took him to go to the bathroom outside but Brock didn't go. I took him back inside and after 10 minutes I heard his bell ring and before 2 minutes went by I came to take him out found a nice present in the living room. Brock took a liquid crap all over the floor. It appeared that he was running when he took the crap because there was a long trail of it. Needless to say, I was not impressed. After cleaning up that mess I was finally able to get the day started.

I'll be very happy to have Mariah home again to deal with her dog!

Michael

3 comments:

Dave and Adrienne said...

Dude, why would you feed your dog random food like that? Feed all natural food! We feed our cat only natural cat food. The brand we love right now is NaturalBalance and Wellness. You can find these at Whole Foods or your local all-natural pet food store. If you knew what kind of shit is in those regular dog/cat food, you'd switch immediately. It's like feeding your pet rat poison.

Mariah said...

Actually this brand is recommended by a lot of breeders and has all the required nutrients for a dog his size with very little fillers. I have a feeling he just has a food allergy to something. I actually considered doing a raw food diet (that we might still try) but our vet and breeder both recomend this type of food for growth and health. Trust me, the last thing we want to do is give our dog something that's not good for him. Michael's a wimp and just realized that owning a dog is more than kisses and treats! :) And by the way, I appologize for the graphic nature of his post. Why on earth he wrote that is beyond me....

Michael Lamontagne said...

Your funny Mariah.....

Dave - How many local all-natural pet stores are there? :) I have a general rules that my pets don't eat better than I do.